- Kathy Carreño 524-8435
- Registrar – Katie Juarez 524-8431
- Secretary – Laura Portelli 524-8430
Our Goal is to help each child be academically, personally and socially successful.
We do this through:
- Individual and Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Presentations
- School-wide Presentations
- Conferencing with Parents
- Crisis Intervention
- Agency Referrals
We teach students the skills they need to make good decisions and to solve problems independently.
Guidance appointments are made by:
- Student Requests
- Teacher Recommendations
- Parent Contacts
- Administrator Assignments
Developmental Classroom/School-wide Guidance Programs include:
- Transition to Middle School
- Sexual Harassment
- Grief and Loss
- Cultural Diversity
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Study Skills
- Violence Prevention
- Transition to High School
- Peer Pressure
- Stress Management
- Bully Control
Click here to read our policy. Click here for the Incident Report.
Reporting Child Abuse
Click here to open a new page to read the child abuse pdf file.
Reporting Professional Misconduct
Click here to open a new page to read the professional misconduct pdf file.
How to Stay Informed About Your Child’s Progress:
- Check you child’s planner each day and ask questions
- Communicate with the teacher through notes you write in the planner
- Call or visit your child’s teacher with specific questions
Information on Grades:
The School Calendar in your child’s planner lists the dates for progress reports and report cards for the year. Each quarter your child will receive a Progress Report in mid-quarter and a Report Card at the end of the nine week quarter.
Ways to Help Your Child:
- Check the planner every day
- Show how to organize things
- Understand that middle school students are constantly changing
- Never give up on your child
- Have high expectations
- Expect responsible behavior
- Observe changes in behavior, friends, activities, and/or grades
- Listen with an open mind
- Respect teachers and the school environment
- Make a routine study time
- Organize tasks and projects
- Gather for weekly “family time”
- Be your child’s biggest cheerleader
- Encourage your child to try — know that efforts pay off
- Be positive and consistent
- Stay in touch with teachers
- Make sure school comes first
Stay involved in your child’s education! Your PMS team is here to help.
How to request a team conference?
Contact your child’s team leader by visiting or calling PMS at 524-8400. Counselors will attend the conferences if they are requested.